
KAMPALA – 13 Vision group staff have tested positive for coronavirus, CEO Robert has confirmed.
According to a local online publication, SoftPower news, Kabushenga who was sharing the news with fellow National COVID-19 Task Force members made the revelation in a chat seen by the website.
“Guys I have confirmed thirteen COVID-19 cases from my staff from the tests of last week. This is serious. We are going back to the lockdown levels of congestion,” reads the chat as quoted by the website.
According to the story, Kabushenga further revealed that they (Vision group) are also splitting their staff into two cohorts for operational continuity.
“The problem is here & I think by the end of the coming week all of us will be dealing with serious numbers. We have to turn mask wearing & sanitization and mandatory requirement of working our offices. Those who don’t comply should simply be sent home” SoftPower reported on Sunday August 23,2020.
This brings the total number of COVID-19 cases from Vision good to 14.
The first case was reported on August 17, 2020 and Kabushenga in a memo sent to all stuff said that his (confimed case) contacts have been urged to self-isolate for 14 days.
However, Kabushenga ruled out closing the company head offices. Instead, he said the offices will be disinfected to limit chances of spreading the virus.
“The offices will be disinfected at regular intervals and all other staff who remain at work will be required to follow all the SOPs issued by the Ministry of Health,” he said in the memo.
The Ministry of Health has confirmed 97 new COVID-19 cases bringing the cumulative total confirmed cases of Ugandans to 2,263 on Sunday, August 23,2020.