
MBARARA – Mr. Dan Rwiburingi, a victim of the Saturday shooting incident in Ntungamo that has landed Labour Minister Mwesigwa Rukutana in jail has said he didn’t suffer bullet injuries from the confrontation.
In a video circulating on social media, recorded from his hospital bed in
Mbarara Referral Hospital on Monday, Mr. Rwiburingi, a key witness in the intended prosecution of the minister says he was hit on the head using an object.
“He beat the head,” Rwiburingi responded to a woman who asked what happened.
He is also heard saying in the video that his legs were paralyzed and therefore couldn’t stretch them.
President Museveni on Monday indicated that Mr. Rukutana, the State Minister for Labour who spent the weekend in detention at Mbarara police following a shooting incident in Ntungamo, will be charged with attempted murder.

Mr. Rukutana was arrested on Saturday afternoon from his Rushenyi home with deputy police spokesperson Polly Namaye saying the minister, and three of his bodyguards would face attempted murder charges, among others.
The minister was running a tough race for the NRM flag for Rushenyi County against veteran politician Naome Kabasharira.
The Minister who now says he never released bullets on to the victims as earlier reported has since lost the election too, as he cools in police jail.
It is understood that the minister will be produced in court today Monday, September 7 and charged alongside his bodyguards for inciting violence, attempted murder by shooting and malicious damage, Ms Namaye said on Saturday afternoon.

Mr. Rukutana has drawn condemnation after he was on Saturday morning pictured in the ugly shooting incident, seizing a rifle from a bodyguard and threatening to shoot at his victims.
Mr. Dan Rwiburingi, the victim is now nursing head injuries after a bullet reportedly lodged in his head. He now says he never suffered bullet injuries.
He had been evacuated for the medication in Mbarara.